Professional and Ethical Compliance Policy
Best Behaviour ABA Services strives to operate in accordance with the Behavior Analyst Certification Board's Professional and Ethical Compliance Code.
- Behaviour Analysts are ethically obliged to provide interventions that are evidence-based, meaning they are supported by scientific research. If interventions utilizing non-evidence based practices are requested, referrals will be made to other professionals better suited to oversee such interventions.
- Any information and/or resources shared online are for information purposes only, and should not be construed as specific advice for one situation. For individualized advice, please contact a Behaviour Analyst directly.
- If behaviour analytic services are not provided in accordance to these stipulations, the BACB has a system for concerned individuals to file a Notice of Alleged Violation. If a notice needs to be filed, click here and complete the outlined steps.
For more information on the code, click here.
- Best Behaviour ABA Services adheres to all applicable provisions in the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA), and any other applicable legislation as it relates to privacy.
- All disclosures, communications, and products of service with Best Behaviour ABA Services are considered privileged and confidential except to the extent that a release of information is authorized, or under certain other conditions listed below: (1) where abuse or harmful neglect of children, the elderly, or disabled or incompetent individual is known or reasonably suspected, (2) where such information is necessary for the company to pursue payment for services rendered, (3) where an immediate threat of physical violence against a readily identifiable victim is disclosed to the therapist, (4) where the client is examined pursuant to a court order. Best Behaviour ABA Services cannot be held at fault for releasing information under the above conditions.
- This information is collected by lawful and fair means with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned, unless required by law.
- Before or at the time of collecting this information, the purposes for which it is being collected will be identified. Written and/or verbal consent will be obtained. This information will be used solely for fulfilling those purposes identified and for other ancillary purposes, unless additional consent is obtained or as required by law. It will only be retained for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes or as required by law.
- Personal information will be stored by team members in the form of paper copies and electronic copies. Electronic copies will be stored on secured, third-party servers.
- Personal information will be protected by using reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification.
- A privacy breach occurs when personal information is compromised (collected, used, disclosed, retained or destroyed in a manner inconsistent with privacy legislation). In the event of the breach, Sophia Catania will be notified immediately, as well as the individuals’ whose privacy has been compromised.
Terms and Conditions
By accessing the website at http://www.bestbehaviour.ca, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Best Behaviour ABA Services' website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not: modify or copy the materials, use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial), attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Best Behaviour ABA Services' website, remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials, transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server. This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Best Behaviour ABA Services at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on Best Behaviour ABA Services' website are provided on an 'as is' basis. Best Behaviour ABA Services makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Best Behaviour ABA Services does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Best Behaviour ABA Services or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Best Behaviour ABA Services' website, even if Best Behaviour ABA Services or a Best Behaviour ABA Services authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Accuracy of Materials
The materials appearing on Best Behaviour ABA Services' website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Best Behaviour ABA Services does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. Best Behaviour ABA Services may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However, Best Behaviour ABA Services does not make any commitment to update the materials.
Best Behaviour ABA Services has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Best Behaviour ABA Services of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
Best Behaviour ABA Services may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
8. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ontario and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.